Bernardo Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, affiliates and other users of our services. Bernardo Consulting must comply with the Privacy Act 1988 in Australia.
We will endeavour to keep information provided to us through various forms of communication private, and only use it in accordance with the wishes of the client.
- Bernardo Consulting retains the right to retain, use and disclose your information for the following purposes;
- Enable a business relationship between us, and you, the client,
- To provide the agreed upon services,
- To assist us in finding jobs that we consider to be appropriate, by matching your information with descriptions provided,
- As a reference for your enquiries, and
- As a source of information to enable us to contact you directly with suitable marketing measures.
- We reserve the right to provide information to regulatory or law enforcement authorities if this is demanded by the aforementioned authorities.
- We may provide a trusted third party with your information for testing purposes related to the services we are providing you.
- We may seek your consent to use the information for other purposes not specifically mentioned above.
- Updating of and access to personal information;
- The information provided to us by you, or gathered through third parties such as referees, can be updated on your request. You may also request to have your information deleted from our records. However, should there be a dispute related to the accuracy of the information provided to us, or of the requested updates, we reserve the right to keep a note of the dispute on our records. Under circumstances where deleting your information is contrary to the wishes of regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities, Bernardo Consulting has the right to refuse your request to have personal information deleted. We also reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for updates or changes made to your personal information, if we adopt an operational framework where this is the standard policy. If such charges exist, you will be notified prior to the requested update or alteration being carried out.
- We reserve the right to alter our policy regarding frequency of updates and the cost of this service if our business model requires us to do so. You will be contacted through means provided to us by the personal information provided by you, if such changes will impact the fees or nature of the service provided.
- When requests are made regarding updating information, or providing us with information initially, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps to identify you as a person, in order to ensure accuracy and improve the quality of the services we provide.
- Webpage privacy
- If you provide us with information including, but not limited to information provided in the form of a resume, you consent to such information being passed on to relevant employees within Bernardo Consulting. The information provided can be accessed by all employees at Bernardo Consulting, including from locations other than our offices if this is required to provide you with the agreed upon service. By providing us with your information and contact details, you are consenting to being contacted by our consultants.
- We may use information and statistics gathered from the users of our website, including you, for the purpose of analysing various components of importance, to assist us with providing you with an improved service. If outside parties or affiliates are utilized to conduct such analysis, your name, contact details, address and other officially issued forms of identifying names, numbers or references, will be removed from the documentation provided.
- Job Alerts may be sent to your email address. If you wish for these alerts to stop, you may request us to discontinue this part of the service by contacting us via email.
- Online Security
- Bernardo Consulting will take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, we are exposed to many of the same risks regarding privacy as other users of the web are, and will not take responsibility for information leaked or acquired by non-affiliated third parties, without authorized access, in exceptional circumstances. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage caused by an unauthorized disclosure of your information if we have taken what we deem to be reasonable steps on our end to ensure the integrity of our online security. This does not mean that we will not comply with the requirements imposed on us by the Privacy Act 1988. You will be informed if we have reasonable suspicion or confirmation that a breach of our online security has occurred.